Maternal postnatal template
Mental health screening questions
- Is motherhood everything you thought it would be?
- In the past month have you felt little interest or pleasure in doing things?
- In the past month have you often felt down, depressed or hopeless?
- During the past month have you been feeling anxious, nervous or on edge?
- During the past month have you not been able to stop or control worrying?
- Is this something we can help you with?
link to RCGP perinatal mental health toolkit
Domestic Abuse screening questions
- How are things at home?
- Have you ever felt frightened or had to change your behaviour due to someone you have a close relationship with?
- Who is at home to support you?
- Have you or your family ever received help or support from children’s services?
- How is your partner coping with parenthood? (If concerns consider need to offer partner an appointment)
Postnatal health education
- Do you feel your baby is crying excessively?
- ICON advice discussed and leaflet given
- Safe sleeping advice (including avoiding co-sleeping)
- Dadpad for support for partners (not yet a free resource)
- Type of delivery
- Feeding details
- Postnatal examination
- Smoking status
- Alcohol consumption
- History of substance misuse